The following blog has spoilers for the Stephen King book 11.22.6 this is your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING 11.22.63
The day that chnged the world.
What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so far – Jake ran away back to the motel room and wrote page after page of the whole adventure he’s had but knows in the end no matter want he tries time will try and stop so he buries the pages and goes back to the time hole and Zack
And now the Conclusion
- Jake is now back in 2011 packs his car and all he has in the world and ends out Lisbon on the way he checks the Morning Star newspaper for Sadie but he can’t find anything in 1963 but for April 30
- 77 year old saves Sadie Dunhill from ex husband in just same way they he the first time
- Jake crys himself to sleep
- So he walks away from the internet
- But now in April of 2012 when Erin Tolliver moves from Kileen Texas and has The Weekly Gazette
- So he looks it up on line and finds Jodie picks Citizen of the Century and its a eighty year old Sadie So off Jake goes
- Jodie has changed a little bit different shops but Sadie is still there having served as it mayor and in the state legislature she know by everyone and she knows them
- After the speakers and the dancing Jake gets his change to talk to her and calls himself George once again. Sadie looks at him she knows him but from were she not sure and then he asks her who was the chaperone at the Sadie Hawkins dance. The song around then changes to Glenn Miller’s in the Mood and they dance and she asks Jake/George who he really is.
What I think – So that’s the end of the story that’s the end of the book Jake goes back to Jodie and tries to convince a very old lady that he knows everything about her. In the end I knew they would have been together Sadie lived the almost same life she once did with Jake. It does leave a question in my head well to questions really did Jake Accelerate things by being there in the first place she still got slashed with the razor by her ex-husband only it happened later on and The depression and The Failed suicide attempt who was there to rescue her this time around.
But those are questions that will never be answered they don’t really need to be we have our happy ending of a kind two people have their happiness. And that all you can really ask of a book my Stephen King the people die the first time around still die but its no one fault just time.
Did I enjoy this book yes, yes I did would I read it again maybe and if they made it into a movie or TV show would I watch it no I don’t think so the endding here leaves to may unanswered questions and I don’t think people want to see an old woman as the Heroine of the peace. So they would change the ending and have Jake live in the 1950s so fundamentally then changing the whole reason he can’t stay
The last few pages of the book has taken up by something called afterwards which is Mr Kings way of showing us the technical detail that went into creating this book I will not write about it because it does take you out of the world somewhat
This is normally the part of the blog where I say see you next week but this the last entry for 11.22.63 I do hope you have enjoyed the witness taking each chapter and the previous one analysing it a little bit and giving you a really bad bones version the book in the hopes that you will seek it out yourself as it would be completely unfair of me to word for word transcribe the work of Mr Stephen King and others.
In two weeks time I will be returning with another book but this time we are going to change the format ever so slightly it’s not going to be a straight out stand-alone story they’re going to be what are called tie in books, They will tie into a television show, This first one will be a book from a man who doesn’t really exist and hopefully you will join me for that.
And if you don’t that’s fine I hope you like what you read and you enjoyed the journey I took you on, but do come back you’re more than welcome. But for now whoever you are and whoever you be. Thank you sharing your time with me.