The following blog has Spoilers for the Stephen King book 11.22.63 this your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING 11.22.63
The day that chnged the world.
What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so far – Jake’s happy life as George the school teacher is now falling apart all because Sadie heard he sing a Rolling Stone’s song which will not be heard for the next three years to acts as a Catalyst and she mentions that all his records are false, and as they fight Jake makes the link between her Dunning. But he’s able to set up a lamp in the home that LHO will soon live in.
And now the continuation
- Jake is found out because the school system has no medical records for him he then says he leave at the end of the month but would somebody please look after Sadie.
- He pays rent on the flop house.
- Jake cleans out his pigeonhole at the end of the school year and finds a letter from Sadie simply saying goodbye.
- As he leaves two of the students give him a leaving present and he’s lost for words
- So he here in Mercedes Street and there is no going back and no. telling the truth life in Jodie is over
- He goes to airport to watch LHO come in but sees Sadie, he about to help her but the magazine he’s reading changes to show Jacqueline Kennedy in her blood stained suit, so he let’s Sadie go.
- At first Jake doesn’t see them and thinks some They will never come and in fact he’s in a parallel world but Kennedy survives, But when they do arrive he feels sick.
- Jake goes home and Talks out loud to Al (yes still dead) Using his notes as a sounding board, he needs to find out if LHO is working alone.
- Jake sets himself up with a pair of binoculars.
- One Fourth of July he calls ‘home’ and is told Sadie is now a waitress and will be staying a little longer the whole thing is heartbreaking
- At the end of the call Jake is invited to The Diner in Jodie and is shown a photo of Sadie ex and is told he not right in the head
- He goes to see the football coach who thanks him for setting a kid straight and a guy who wants to put the team on the radio.
- Later he see a billboard with Jim LaDue and the words JIMLA on it
- Two days later he goes back to the Electrical shop to buy something called an omnidirectional microphone.
What I think – It’s once again become two books, A race against time for the Lee Harvey Oswald moments trying to stop him from either assassinating the first gentleman of finding out whether he’s working alone for a second Kennedy assassination. And the second trying to save Sadie from her ex with very limited resources, and has become some what of a golden boy in Jodie. I know that he made Deathbed promise to Al to help change the Kennedy assassination but at what cost he has slowly build-up a fabulous Life and helped so many people. Yes I know He’s killed somebody already, And is living a lie, There will no happy ending for Jake either he will end up dead trying to stop Oswald or he will go insane and become the yellow card man.
Well that’s what I think anyway now I have seen the people around him Sadie and the rest of the teaching staff and many of the pupils it’s a very poor showing if they end up having bad lives just to make dramatic effect, There has been so much death and destruction already in this book and it’s quite a lot more to come I’m guessing but to touch innocent people it just seems a bit wrong.
Well that’s your chapter for this week, as always if you have done thanks for reading and I hope you can join me next week for the next one,