The following blog has spoilers for the Stephen King book 11.22.63 this your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING 11.22.63
The day that chnged the world.
What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so far – Sadie is now in hospital, and the world thinks that it was another teacher that saved her for her ex, but in truth it was Jake. Sadie family still believe it was of her own making. But Jake tells her to forget them all. They setup a home together but still have hide it from the world. And for now LHO is out of the picture.
And now the continuation.
- Some of the school and the people who know Sadie plan to re stage the Jodie Jamboree, for her and Jake gets her doctor to play as well
- But the people who run the school will not let them have the hall and in truth want to fire Sadie. Jake and Deke go 50/50 on the cost of a new place
- Jake sees a poster for a boxing match which makes him think of Rocky Balboa
- In june Jake is rehearsing the play with half a mind of LHO and Marina and Sadie still hasn’t left the house since that night
- Jake is worrying about Sadie and with Ellen Dockerty turning up things are a little more worrying
- The first night of the jamboree goes well and Sadie makes a unplanned appears
- At the end of the night Jake goes to see Sadie who welcomes him home
- They spend the morning together
- After breakfast Jake tells Sadie first about a place were they can go but not come back, and tells her the truth about trying to save Kennedy.
- He tells Sadie the winner of the prize fight so she has something to believe him.
- The second night goes will to and Sadie just wants Jake to be safe and they will talk after the fight
- But now Jake is scared for Sadie she might become a kind of Marina Prusakova exiled from all she knows
- Jake goes and finds a new contact so he can place one last bet
- He goes to the bank and makes sure Al was right, and buys a costume.
- Jake planned to see De Mohrenschildt but changes his mind he works out that De is just in it for the money.
- Jake puts down the bet.
What I think – Like I said in the last blog this is want the book is really about Jake and Sadie JFK and the time travel was just the Catalyst for meeting each other how it all works out is the key to the whole thing, knowing its a Stephen King book they will not just walk off into the sunset arm in arm, something or someone will step in the way of that. Jake can’t take Sadie into the 21th Century it would just be to much and I don’t think they will be able to stay in Jodie after 22 11 63 so that leaves being together and staying out of histories way.
So as always thank you for reading and I hope you can join me for the next chapter and until then bye for now and see you next week.