The following blog has spoilers for the Stephen King book 11.22.63 this your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING 11.22.63
The day that chnged the world.
What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so far – Jake has been watching and listening to the LHO household for a good few months now, he watched as Lee beats Marina and how Lee mother controls him, and how Marina is given a job which makes things so much worse, Then the Russian expat start to come around which change things even more they all love Marina and try to get Lee out of the way by doing things for them, In the end with the Combination of all this Lee and Marina separate and the world ends
The beginning of the Cuban missile crisis is a catalyst that Jake uses to call Sadie who is Being manipulated by both the ex husband and new boyfriend into believing she might as well and her own life as the world is going to end very soon itself, Jake is just in time to stop her and even tells her some king truth.
And now the continuation.
- Sadie tells Jake about Miz Ellie asking about him and she uses “don’t ask don’t tell”
- They are together again much to disperse of Miz Ellie and spend Christmas together
- They go to the new year dance and are the stars
- Just as the new year comes in Jake feels the JFK shooting
- Jake now has two lives one with Sadie and the watching Lee and Marina and that’s all he does watch even when an old woman tells him to call the cops
- De Mohrenschildt come for the rest of Marina things and Lee is show up for the Coward he is
- A mouth later they are back together.
- Jake has a flyer from Lee about a protest for TV show on channel 9 the man talking will Edwin Walker who Lee will try and kill soon
- Now all Jake has to is watch and wait to make sure Lee is acting alone, but Marina is pregnant again which isn’t in Al notes
What I think – All Jake has to do is put a bullet in Lee just the same way he did Dunning he even says this at the end of the chapter, all this trying to find out if Lee is working alone is just evil watching Marina move back and forth. But that’s not really want the books about its Jake a man who never really fitted into the 21th century trying to apply those values onto the late 1950-1960 along the way falling in love.
At the start of the book I felt sorry for Jake he was drawn into a dying man’s wish, which he had no control over, but now its Jake being a voyeuristic pain in the backside, doing nothing just passing judgement. Al said stop the killing of JFK, so just do that. Living in the 50/60 he been changing little bit of history all the time, Dumming, the school play and even Sadie herslf so why not just go for the big one He changing history whatever happens so one dark night shoot Lee and go back to Sadie. Simple, but no the world will get it own back so there will be no happy ending.
Well that’s about it for this week, as always thank you for reading and I hope you can join me for the next chapter in which I hope Jake does more that sit and watch