The followtog blog has spoilers for the Stephen King Book 11.22.63 this your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING -11.22.63
The day that changed the world.
What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so Far – Jake goes home and thinks about what Al said about saving JFK but finds himself thinking about Harry. The next day Jake takes the Harry who reads it. Al on board about changing Harry’s past and Jake thinks it will be better test.
Al then takes Jake though a Collection of items ID wallet money all the things she will need to pass Jake himself off as a person living in the 1950s. Al Puts them all into a small briefcase and then together they head to the dinner. Al tells Jake he be waiting with hot coffee when he gets back and Jake takes a step down into the pantry.
And now the Continuation – Part Two – The Janitor’s Father – Chapter Five.
- As Jake leaves the drying shed he knocks over the yellow card man, who Jake a few nasty things Jake tries to help the man even telling him about AA but in the end just gives him the money and leaves.
- Jake gets himself together and goes to get root beer this time calling himself George Amberson. Jake is surprised when some of the script doesn’t play out the same way. He has his root beer and then asks a place to stay.
- Jake uses the Bathroom at the Chevron dealers and then ask about buying a suitcase from the Jolly white elephant Barn that doesn’t exist in 2011.
- Jake leave the valleys with the guy in the Jolly white elephant barn and then head into town to sign for the US elections in the barbershop window.He makes a few jokes with the barber about voting and then has his haircut but he’s very careful not to says the word hippy the Haircut cost in 40 cent
- Jake deposit $1,000 in the whole town trust and is surprised only when the manager says he’s at drexel 84777.Which in fact turns out to be the gentlemans phone number.
- He then goes and gets the clothes out recommended at maysons menswear and his thankful that the cashier at the bank was able to make some checks for him. beatnik at the White Elephant thinks it a funny way to shop and they high five.
- Jake goes to a phonebooth and when looking for money to use he finds he still has his cell phone which he needs to get rid of and the money he uses just drops though the phone when he see it a 2007 coin he’s got to be more careful
- As he waits for his cab the owner of the car lot tries to sell Jake a car.
- Jake cab comes and takes him out into the countryside of Maine
- Unable to sleep after having nap Jake switchs on the TV but finding nothing turns it off, He sits thinking about his six year old father and five-year old mother then takes out his phone The phone he finds comforting but is aware of the fact that is found in may not be hung for a witch but he may end up in an STI cell so he separates all the coins he has and put the new ones into a envelope and leaves the room. He crosses into a farmer’s field finds up on the phone and the coins into it then returns to his room to sleep.
What I think – I am enjoying this book very much there are some little extras, but I do have a few questions When Jake went back first time, Al took all his modern toys off him, so the thing with the phone does seem to be a little staged. The yellow card man Jake now calls him something new. I am not really sure that if he play a bigger role in the story I just hope he didn’t turn out to be one of our time traveler’s . Time getting it own back kind of thing.