The following blog has spoilers for the Stephen King Book 11.22.63 this your one and only warning.
STEPHEN KING -11.22.63
The day that changed the world. What if you could change it back ?
On November 22, 1963, Three shots rang out in Dallas,
President Kennedy died,and the world changed.
If you had the chance to change history, would you?
Would the consequesnces be worth it?
The Book so Far – Jake takes a few steps into Al store room and finds himself in building site the dinner has gone and everything looks like a 1950 noir flim, the frist person Jake sees is the green card man and hands over the sliver dollar, He then makes is way out of the site he’s still in the same town. So he goes into shop and finds a newspaper the date reads September 9th 1958. The man is in fact the father of a man he knows. Jake spends a few minutes looking around the main street Comparing the things that he sees to the things he knows about the town.
He finally decides to go back into the construction site and find the makers he put down and steps which let him into this world, he gets back to find that only two minutes have past and Al lets him that not only its always two minutes but each time is like the frist the people you interact with don’t remember the one seems to is the green card man. Al has something for to Jake to do but the pain is much a needs a rest so they will meet up in six hour at Al’s home.
Jake spends the hours thinking about what he saw and the feeling to go back builds.
And now the Continuation – Part One – Watershed Moment – Chapter Three
- Jake goes to see Al who not only tells Jake he will be in hospital soon, (even if he had chemo and radiation, two doctors have told him this one in Portland and the other in Dallas 1963) but the dinner is done with to its rented space.
- Jake asks Al wants going to happen to the hole when they move the dinner, Al has no idea its a freak of nature Jake thinks he knows want Al wants him to do but is not happy about it. but in the end hears the old man out.
- Al talks about going back 2000 and paying people to vote for Al Gore not Bush, but when it comes to history is full of watershead moments like that they can’t stop the frist and second world wars and 9.11 Jake would have wait forty three years and be pushing eighty. But 1963 John F. Kennedy can live.
- Jake is afraid and needs to be convinced, so Al says just go back again and if you get stuck be the teacher you are or bet on things like he did for the four years me lived there. And then the butterfly affect who RFK be at the Ambassador all things of things that link into that one action by Lee Oswald. Jake wants to make sure that Al is right it was all one man, Al is sure and even meet the man Why not kill him then Jake asks infornt of the mans wife and child. Al has written all this down he needs Jake to cram the thing like a test. Al wants Jake to stop Oswald a year and a half before
- Jake’s not sure and asks long he got before the dinner is gone, until the end of the month, one more thing Al has to tell Jake is about Carolyn Poulin and Andy Cullum.
- Al tells Jake about the first few years of using the hole and about him carving his name in a tree and coming back it find it, knowing things can be changed he starts to look for an for accident A twentyone year old girl is hit Stray bullet from Andy Cullum gun So Al goes back with a little help from a felted tree he stops Andy Cullum returning to 2011 Al looks up Carolyn but she not in Graduation photo she in the 64 one and in 1979 she winning prizes in Albany New York. But every trip down the rabbit hole is a reset and with Jake going back it time Carolyn is back in her wheelchair.
What I Think – Al’s been trying to save everyone at the cost of his own health, after working things can changed but they are a one shot deal, as the reset kicks in everytime you come back. You stay and change everything or come back and nothing you do matters. How is Jake going wait that long in the past the save JFK.
Hope you can join me for that, So thank you for reading and see you next week.