There maybe more warm summer days and cool nights on the way so want better time to work on the coal stroage.The plan was always to have storage on the bow to help with Ezri’s weight issue, the first plan was to have a huge metal box and then spilt it into three one water, one wood and the last coal.
But metal sheet is very costly and I have no clue on I make it water tight, so it was to become just a wood and coal box, I have seen along the towpath and on a few narrowboats garden boxes which lock and can’t be lifted off the boat.
So off I went in search of one of these boxes But no matter which ones I saw they were always too big either too large or too high, but them I saw rows of flower boxes the kind thing you plant small flowers in and stand next to your fornt door.
They were the right size made out of wood with no lid and not the right colour but with a few modifications I could make it work, Dad said it would need painting and started looking at brown wood paint but I found some coloured wood paint which matched Ezri.
Using the wood we had left over from renewing the doors we set about making a lid which would open but also keep the coal dry. So as dad work out that I painted the box three coats on each side.
Now the question was want to cover the lid with in we could just paint it, but my uncle had given me so water proof floor cover which I had though about using on Ezri’s back but it would be better for the box lids. A few hours work and Ezri now has a outside coal box and weight at her bow end. There are few other things we did but I not going tell but there are to do making sure the box can’t be lifted off Ezri and keep people out.